Author: Opie Published At: Thu 17 of Apr., 2008 15:23 CDT (4382 Reads)
Ok, so you want more performance than Recipe #1 will provide. What's the next set of go fast parts you should buy? This list duplicates some of the items in Recipe #1, because these items are wanted. This recipe moves to a larger turbo, larger injectors, and a 3" downpipe.
- Full recent tune up.
- Good scan tool, such as DataMaster or Diacom.
- Fuel pump (Walbro 242 / BBK) - $108.00
- Fuel pressure regulator (KB, ATR, ANS, etc...) - $100.00
- 50 lb injectors
- STG 50 lb Ultimate Chip (needs 3 bar map sensor)
- PTE SyTy Turbo and 3" downpipe combo
- Exhaust (ATR) - $395.00
- Air filter (K&N on end of tube or on turbo) - $35.00
- Thermostat (160 degree) - $10.00
- Torque converter clutch switch - $5.00. Place a switch between pins A and F of the ALDL connector.
- Manual IC pump switch - $5.00. On the fire wall above the distributor are two relays. The one on the right controls the intercooler pump and the yellow wire triggers the pump. Place a switch between the yellow wire and ground to turn the pump on.
- Intercooler 3/4" heater hose conversion - $10.00
- IC pump (Jabsco, Johnson, or Sure Flo from Campers Choice) - $110/$53.00
- Aux IC (Hayden cooler from Pep Boys) - $110.00
- Air to Air Intercooler
Other optional items
- Headers - $1000
- Alcohol/Water injection