Author: Todd Austinson Published At: Thu 17 of Apr., 2008 15:01 CDT (4309 Reads)
Obtain more hold on the line for better boost build up and take off.
- Put the transmission in (N) Neutral.
- Rev the engine while simultaneously pushing down HARD on the brakes.
- The brake will set a lot tighter because the engine will produce more vacuum assist.
- After doing this for a couple seconds the brake will be as far down as it will go.
- Keep the brake all the way depressed, and shift the transmission into Drive (not Overdrive).
- Start pressing on the gas pedal now to build up boost.
- When the boost is where you want it and it is time to go, release the brake and slam the gas at the same time.
- Typically, boost levels of somewhere between 0-5 lbs is good. Try launching at different levels to see which works best with your truck. You want a little chrip from the tires but not a lot of wheel spin. With a stock truck it's difficult to get a lot of wheel spin, but with Recipe #2, it's definitely possible.